BUILDING A DRAGON DRUM PG 3

PAGE 1

PREVIOUS PAGE

    Above you can see me making a ring clamp for the edges of the barrel, which I will now start calling a drum.  It was simple, I took the next ring and drilled the rivets out which were 3/8th inch.  The next picture I used 5/16 all thread and a couple of washers and nuts to tighten the top and bottom.  All I have to do now is wait for the glue to dry.

    Here, you can see a couple of open seams.  This was a real pain to fix.  After a few tries I decided to use a true resin glue.  I applied the glue then re-clamped the drum and waited another 24 hours.  It seemed to work.  I proceeded on with the project.  You can see I used a belt sander with a light in the drum.  I wanted to be sure I could see all the little flaws.  It got very dusty .  I used a vacuum hookup on the sander, a small fan to keep the dust out of the way, and a mask for me.

                                NEXT PAGE

webmaster siulum6@cox.net                                                                   updated 1/14/10